Many of the things we make must be “shapes” that give us dreams.
It is better not to know who made it and how. It may be similar to a Japanese garden that does not leave the name of a craftsman.
Once you contact us, we will send you the portfolio.
Here are some of them that we had.
We received a request to create a big, big, shining moon that would leave a lasting impression on our customers.
The installation location is wrapped in a mural like the inside of a spaceship. In addition to that, dismantling work was underway at the time of the request, and I was asked to make it the largest size that can be entered through the window on the second floor.
We had experienced in small size transparent FRP molding, but this size was just overwhelming.
At the beginning, we thought about adjusting the number of layers of glass fiber to express the mottled condition with the color like the actual moon, and from there we started making samples. After that, we gradually increased the size of the main body and repeated various trials and errors in painting and expressing craters.
The most difficult process was how to perform integral molding. The surface can be made clean by molding using an existing sphere mold, but when hemispheres are joined together, joint marks will inevitably appear. How do you overcome it? Also, how do you reflect the actual moon pattern on the surface? That was a big challenge for us.
The answer I came up with was a texture map of the moon published by NASA.
Then, it is printed and divided into a shape similar to that when cutting a watermelon, a balloon sphere with a moon pattern printed is made as a base model for balloon painting, and a transparent FRP is molded on the outer surface. Then, paint the surface so that it traces the pattern that can be seen through. Finally, we hypothesized that by pulling out the balloon from the hole for fixing the lighting at the top, it would be possible to express a pattern and mottled condition closer to the actual data, and made a small balloon for trial production.At the actual finishing stage, we recreated the data to make it better. As for the finish of the painting, I tried to make it as thin as possible and have no uneven painting by putting the lighting inside and putting it in a state where it is actually used.
At the final stage, we had our clients come to our company and make adjustments in front of them, and as a result, we were able to make our clients very satisfied.
We were involved in the development of a large drone with a total length of about 4 m (13.1 ft).
Normally, in our profession, we are required to "how to make it like a real thing", but this time we were also required to have a real function.
We needed to make it as light and strong as possible. The ideal is an aircraft that can carry humans. The weight that can be lifted depends on the force that the four propellers can produce. Since the surface area is considerably reduced, there is concern about the effect on strength, but many holes are made in the body to reduce weight. Moreover, the thickness was 0.8 mm (0.031 in).
Even though there was no autoclave equipment, we came to mold using carbon fiber with EPS (Styrofoam) female mold.
The difficult problem of how to increase the strength by the hand lay-up method was solved by using CNF (cellulose nanofiber).August 5, 2019 At NEC's facility in Abiko, we were able to make a safe test flight while watching over 200 spectators.
We also considered a transportation plan for exhibiting at subsequent exhibitions. The aircraft was tilted to an angle that did not protrude from the truck, and was suspended in the air so that it could be transported without being disassembled. We were able to contribute to shortening the work of setting up and removing the exhibition.
We learned a lot from this project, which was full of things for the first time, and we were able to have a very valuable and valuable experience.
We would like to continue to challenge new technologies in the future.
We made a total of 7 solids. It has a built-in LED to reproduce the red eyes that can be said to be the life of the characters in this series. If the LED went out, a large-scale open surgery was required, but the exhibition was successfully completed without being cut off during the exhibition period.
We needed an expression that seemed to come out from the pillar, so we decided to mold it from the back with a rubber material. In CG, I made small parts one by one, but in the end, more than half of the parts were buried in the modeling.
Before molding the prototype made by 3D printing with a silicon mold, there are many parts that were filled with clay in consideration of molding.
With the skill of craftsmen in actual production like this, we make up for the parts that we couldn't do with CG, the parts that we couldn't think of, and the parts that we couldn't see. The product immediately after being molded with colored rubber also had a unique transparency and felt very cool.
This is the moment when we were able to re-recognize the power of the material. From now on, We would like to make an effort to make products that can feel the power of the material without covering it with paint.